Family Reps/Holiday Reps are also known as Customer Services Rep, Resort Rep, or Overseas Rep depending on the tour operator you work for but they all basically have the same role.

Being a Family Rep you would be looking after people of all ages including groups of families, small groups of men or women whilst they are on holiday.  To be this kind of rep you must be a peoples person who is confident with dealing with people at all levels and from all walks of life.

  • GCSE in both Math’s and English Grade C or above (or equivalent)
  • A Travel & Tourism Qualification or vocational training such as the Holiday Rep Diploma is desirable.
  • 6-12 months customer service experience
  • Administration experience
  • Able to work in a team
  • Answering customer’s queries/problems
  • Completing paperwork
  • Accommodation Health & Safety Checks
  • Accommodation Visits
  • Conducting welcome meetings/selling excursions
  • Collecting and balancing foreign money
  • Guiding Excursions
  • Transferring holiday makers to and from the airport and hotel

A Video About Working as a TUI Rep

Are you a college student studying Travel and Tourism and need help?


Leave a Reply