Below are the Requirements and Responsibilities of a Childrens Rep and working overseas.

A Children’s Representative role is to entertain the younger guests on holiday.  A Children’s Representative may be required to work with children aged from babies up to young teenagers.  The most common age group that a Children’s Representative are required to work with are from four years of age up to early teens.

Some Tour Operators do recruit Nanny and Crèche positions for babies and infants.
A rep working within this role must have lots of energy and a natural affinity with children but they must also have the confidence to deal with adults as part of the role will also include a lot of interaction with the parents.

A Children’s Representative may also be known as a Kids Rep or Kids Activity Rep.   Tour Operators will normally require you to have a Childcare qualification or experience working with children.  In some cases a Childcare qualification may be overlooked if the position is to look after and entertain older children.  Some Tour Operators may even require you to have a paediatric First Aid Certificate.

  • Hold a NNEB or NVQ in Childcare or equivalent
  • At least 6 months-1 year experience working with children
  • A Travel & Tourism Qualification or vocational training such as the Holiday Rep Diploma is desirable.
  • First Aid Certificate
  • Highly imaginative
  • Able to work in a team
  • Organising daytime and evening activities
  • Supervising early suppers
  • Telling bedtime stories
  • Focusing on the health and safety of the children
  • Completing paperwork
  • Assisting in transferring customers to and from the airport and hotel
  • Assisting in the welcome meetings

A video about working as a Children's Rep with TUI

Are you a college student studying Travel and Tourism and need help?


Leave a Reply