There are many different names for this type of rep, young persons rep, Club 18-30 (Thomas Cook), Escapades Rep (My Travel), 2wenty’s Rep (First Choice), Club Freestyle Rep (Thomson) but they all basically do the same thing.
A young persons rep is somebody to make sure that groups of men and women aged between 18-35 have the time of their life on holiday. Being this type of rep you would be guaranteed to be sent to the liveliest of resorts where sleep is a luxury.
- No formal qualifications are needed
- A Holiday Rep Diploma is desirable.
- Experience with dealing with people
- Able to work in a team
- Loads of confidence and enthusiasm
- Plenty of stamina
- Answering customers queries and problems
- Completing paperwork
- Poolside duties
- Selling events/gigs, merchandise etc
- Conducting welcome meetings/selling excursions
- Collecting and balancing foreign money
- Organising entertainment i.e. pool parties, bar crawls, party nights etc.
- Transferring guests to and from the airport and hotels
- Performing in cabarets which can be the odd song or even a striptease!!!